Friday, February 23, 2007

OUR NEWEST MEMBERS!!!







OH WHAT FUN THIS IS. JAKE IS IN 4-H THIS YEAR AND HE CHOSE TO RAISE SWINE FOR THE FAIR. SO HE CONDUCTED A BUSINESS DEAL WITH OUR NEIGHBOR AND FRIEND. HE BOUGHT TWO PIGS, AND WILL PAY FOR HALF THE FEED. AT THE END JAKE SELLS HIS AT THE FAIR WHICH IS THE BLUE BUTT ( THE PINK ONE) AND GIVES THE DUROK (THE RED ONE) TO OUR NEIGHBOR FOR SLAUGHTER. JAKE HAS TO PAY HIM BACK FOR HIS COSTS, IT WILL TEACH HIM A GREAT AND VALUABLE LESSON. THE PIGS ARE SO CUTE. AND I THINK IT WILL BE HARDER FOR ME THAN ANYONE LATER TO SEE THEM GO. JAKE NAMED HIS JOKER, AND THE OTHER ONES NAME IS PORK CHOP, JUST TO KEEP US ALL FOCUSED ON WHAT HE IS FOR. I THINK IT WILL BE A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR JAKE AND TEACH HIM ALOT OF RESPONSIBILITY. THEY ARE JUST CHILLIN IN THEIR BEDS SLEEPIN, ONCE TAKIN A NAP BEFORE I WENT TO WORK AND THE OTHER SLEEPING NOSE TO NOSE FOR THE NIGHT.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Pigs!! How cute and I can't wait to come and see them as well. The duroc is my favorite! I hope you enjoy raising them Jake, have fun with it and learn alot.

mrammyteresa said...

i just can't believe that jacob is old enough to be raising a pig already seems just yesterday i was doing the same thing with my girls. im kinda glad i made it through it worth it in the long run. carol have fun with this because its not only a learning experance for them but you also. they are cute.

California Poppy said...

I thought you weren't suppose to name the little piggies because they would soon become your dinner. Its no wonder I moved to the city and became a vegetarian. Poor little piggies!!! I know, I was not cut out to be a country girl. Long live Tofu!!!

Monkey Brat said...

These pictures are sooo adorable.. I will have to pull out my pic of Jacob when he was about 3-5 years old hanging out with my pig. It is the cutest pic ever! Can't wait to come out and help Jake raise his pig, he will have so much fun. Man do the boys grow up fast! Loves to you all!!!

Monkey Brat said...

TIME TO UPDATE SISTER!!! AND I CAN SAY THAT NOW THAT I UPDATED MINE... LOVE YOU!!

Sarah said...

I second danica's motion. As I too have updated my blog. But I understand you are busy. Hurry up and get unbusy and post. I KNOW you have pictures to post!