Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fair Time











Jake had to enter his pig this June into the Colusa County Fair. He looked so handsome and grown up, I am so proud. He did a great job I think I was more nervous than him. He was so cute going out into the ring and showing his pig. He got 2nd place in his class for market. Which means that his pig will make great meat. And he went back into the ring for a shot at Grand Champion, unfortunately this year he didn't get it but next year! And with his dazzling personality when he went back into the ring he had a smile from ear to ear, we were all nervous that he wouldn't get much per pound selling his pig for his first year. But of course he had went into the crowd before hand and made some great impretions that helped him with his bidding. He went out with a winning smile and started at 3.00 a pound and they bid up to him getting 5.00 per pound which is pretty good there were quite a few bidders. Including a group of ladies who had become very fond of Jacob and his story of how he needed to pay back the money for his pig and was worried. Well that turned out not to be a problem. He has a knack like my dad to talk to everyone. He definatley wants to do this next year. We will see how serious he is. WAY TO GO JAKE I AM PROUD OF YOU.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Job Jacob we are so proud of you!! You had a very nice hog and did very well with it. Now next year maybe you will get grandchampion!!

We love you.

California Poppy said...

Awesome job Jacob!!! I have never had the courage to do something like that, and that courage slips away faster as each year goes by...with that said, I could not be more proud or full of awe.

Monkey Brat said...

Glad everything went well at the fair. Jake you did a great job for your first year! Love you all and glad I at least made it there to see you in the ring showing for a few minutes.